Examples of things that can reduce the RSI function are as follows:
- Faded signs
- Signs positioned on bends
- Rotated or damaged signs
- Signs positioned high above the roadway
- Fully/partially obscured or poorly positioned signs
- signs completely or partly covered with frost, snow and/or dirt
- digital road mapsare out-of-date, inaccurate or have no speed information
In cars equipped with Sensus Navigation..
Map data with speed information is not available in all markets.
The RSI function can interpret some types of bicycle rack (connected to the electrical socket for trailers) as a connected trailer. In such cases the driver may be shown incorrect speed information.
The function uses the car's camera unit, which has some general limitations, see the "Limitations for camera unit" section.