It is important to use the correct fuel during refuelling. Petrol is available with different octane ratings that are adapted for different types of driving.
Only use petrol from well-known producers. Never use fuel of dubious quality. The petrol must fulfil the EN 228 standard.
- Fuel that contains up to 10 percent by volume ethanol is permitted.
- EN 228 E10 petrol (max 10 percent by volume ethanol) is approved for use.
- Ethanol higher than E10 (max. 10 percent by volume ethanol) is not permitted, e.g. E85 is not permitted.
- RON 95 can be used for normal driving.
- RON 98 is recommended for good power and low fuel consumption.
- An octane rating lower than RON 95 must not be used.
When driving in temperatures above +38 °C (100 °F), fuel with the highest octane rating is recommended for adapted performance and fuel economy.
- Use only unleaded petrol to avoid damaging the catalytic converter.
- Fuel containing metallic additives must not be used.
- Do not use any additives which have not been recommended by Volvo.