Raise the car
If a jack* is included with the car, it is only designed for occasional, short-term use, such as when changing a wheel after a puncture. Only the jack belonging to the specific model is to be used to jack up the car. If the car is to be jacked up more often, or for a longer time than is required just to change a wheel, use of a garage jack is recommended. In this instance, follow the instructions for use that come with the equipment.
When the jack is not in use it should be stored in its storage space under the cargo area floor. Crank the jack down for it to fit.
- Apply the parking brake and set the gear selector in Park position (P).
- Chock the wheels standing on the ground using solid wood blocks or large stones.
- Check that the jack is not damaged, that the threads are thoroughly lubricated and that it is free from dirt.
- Check that the jack is resting on a firm, level surface that is not slippery and is not slanted.
- The jack must be correctly attached in the jack's bracket.
- Never position anything between the ground and the jack, or between the jack and the car's jacking point.
- Passengers must leave the car when it is raised on the jack.
- If a wheel must be changed in a trafficked environment, passengers must stand in a safe place.
- Use a jack designed for the car when changing tyres. Use supports to secure the car for all other work.
- Never crawl underneath the car and do not extend any part of your body under the car when it is raised by a jack.
When the jack is not in use it must be stored in its storage space.
Set up the warning triangle and activate the hazard warning lights if, for example, a tyre is being changed in a trafficked location.
Applies to cars with level control*: If the car is equipped with air suspension, this must be disabled before the car is raised.
Position the jack or the lift arms at the designated spots of the car's undercarriage. The triangle markings in the plastic cover indicate the locations of the jacking/lifting points. There are two jacking points on each side of the car. There is a recess for the jack at each point.