Information about connectivity issuesUpdated 12/5/2022
This article describes what to do when the connectivity malfunction symbols are visible in the top left corner of the centre display.
These two symbols represent different connectivity issues. Click on them to read more.
Filled connection triangle LTE
This symbol means that the car is connected to the network but that there is a technical issue that prevents the connectivity. This issue may be caused by either a network issue or a communication interference between the car and the internet.
- Make sure, that the Internet Terms & Conditions are accepted in the centre display menu.
- Select Profiles.
- Select Internet terms of service and follow the instructions.
- Perform an centre display restart according to the following link: Centre display restart.The centre display has been restarted, now the connection should be restored.
- If connection is not restored, please follow the steps mentioned below.
- If connection is still not restored, please contact your Volvo Cars workshop.
Empty connection triangle
When this symbol shown, it means that the car is not connecting to the network. This is most likely due to problems with the Telematic Connectivity Antenna Module (TCAM) in the car.
Restart the module as the following:
- Press and hold the defroster button for about 20 seconds. Wait until the SOS light in the roof console start flashing before releasing the defroster button.Press the button again if you want to turn off the front defroster function.
- Wait for about 2 minutes.The module has been restarted, now the connection should be restored.
- If the connection is not restored, wait up to 48 hours and then perform a new restart.
- If connection is not restored after 48 hours, and the second restart attempt, please contact your Volvo Cars workshop.