Power operated tailgate*Updated 23/07/2018
Opening/closing via a foot movement is also available as an extended option - see the section "Opening/closing the power operated tailgate with foot movement" for more information.
The tailgate can be opened with its handle, with foot movement*, a button on the instrument panel or the remote control key.
- Light press on the tailgate handle.
- Long press on the instrument panel's button. Keep it depressed until the tailgate starts to open.
- Long press on the remote control key's button. Keep it depressed until the tailgate starts to open.
The tailgate can be closed via the instrument panel's button, with foot movement*, with the remote control key or the buttons1 along the bottom edge of the tailgate.
The button is active 24 hours after the hatch has been left open. Thereafter, it must be closed manually.
When using key-free* blocking/closing, three signals will sound if the key is not detected sufficiently close to the tailgate. See the sections "Remote key range" and "Locks and remote keys" for more information.
- Press the button on the instrument panel.
- Press the remote control key's button.
- Press the close button1 along the bottom edge of the tailgate.
- Press the rubberised pressure plate beneath the outside handle.
- Using the foot movement (see section "Opening/closing power operated tailgate with foot movement" for more information).
Programmable max. opening
The maximum opening position of the tailgate can be adjusted, e.g. to suit a low ceiling height in a garage.
- If the system has been operating continuously for a long time, it is switched off to avoid overload. It can be used again after about 2 minutes.
If something with sufficient resistance prevents the tailgate from opening/closing then the pinch protection is activated.
- During opening - movement is interrupted, the tailgate stops and a long acoustic signal sounds.
- During closing - movement is interrupted, the tailgate stops, a long acoustic signal sounds and the tailgate returns to the programmed max. position.
Observe the risk of trapping when opening/closing. Before starting opening/closing, check that there is nobody near to the tailgate as trapping may have serious consequences.
Always operate the tailgate with caution.