The key memory function is available in combination with power* driver's seat.
The functionCalled Car key memory in MY CAR. can be activated/deactivated in the menu system MY CAR. For a description of the menu system, see MY CAR.
When the function is activated, the settings are automatically linked to the key memory. This means that a change in a setting will automatically be saved to the specific remote control key's memory.
Make sure that the key memory function is activated in the menu system MY CAR.
- Unlock the car with the remote control key in whose memory the settingshall be stored.
This setting does not affect settings that have been stored in the power seat's memory function.
- Make the desired settings for e.g. the seat and the door mirrors.
- The settings are stored in the current remote control key's memory.
Proceed as follows in order to store the settings and use the key memory in the remote control key:
The next time the car is unlocked with the same remote control key, the positions that are stored in the key memory will be set automatically - providing that they have been changed since the last time the current remote control key was used.
If the seat accidentally begins to move, press one of the setting buttons for the seat or memory buttons in order to stop the seat.
Restarting to reach the seat position stored in the key memory is performed by pressing the unlock button on the remote control key. The driver's door must then be open.
Risk of crushing! Make sure that children do not play with the controls. Check that there are no objects in front of, behind or under the seat during adjustment. Make sure that none of the passengers in the rear seat is in danger of becoming trapped.
If several people each with a remote control key approach the car, then the settings for e.g. seat and door mirrors are implemented for the person whose remote control key unlocks the driver's door.
If the driver's door has been opened by person A with remote control key A, but person B with remote control key B shall drive, then the settings can be changed as follows:
- Standing by the driver's door, or sitting behind the steering wheel, person B presses the button for unlocking on his/her remote control key, see Remote control key - functions.
- Select one of three possible memories for seat adjustment with seat button 1-3, see Seats, front - electrically operated.
- Adjust seat and door mirrors manually, see Seats, front - electrically operated and Door mirrors.
Reactivation of settings
When the car is locked or after 30 minutes if the car is left unlocked, the key memory will be deactivated and a standard driver profile will be set. To reactivate the key memory for the current remote control key, the following is required.
For cars without Keyless Drive
The settings that are stored in the key memory are activated if the car is unlocked by pressing the remote control key's unlock button.
For cars with Keyless Drive
- The car is unlocked either by pressing the remote control key's unlock button or via keyless unlocking.
- If the car is unlocked, a key scan is made when the driver's door is opened. If a unique remote control key is found, its stored settings will be activated. If the car is locked, see the previous point.
The key memory is activated if: