- When the indicator lamp (6) is green the alcohol lock is ready for use.
- Withdraw the alcohol lock from its holder. If the alcohol lock is outside the car when it is unlocked then it must first be activated with the switch (2).
- Fold up the nozzle (1), take a deep breath and blow with an even pressure until a "click" is heard after approx. 5 seconds. The result will be one of the alternatives in the following table Result after breath test.
- If no message is shown then the transmission to the car may have failed - in which case, press the button (3) to transmit the result to the car manually.
- Fold down the nozzle and refit the alcohol lock in its holder.
- Start the engine following an approved breath test within 5 minutes - otherwise it must be repeated.
Result after breath test
Indicator lamp (5) + Display text
Green lamp + Alcoguard Approved test
Start the engine - no alcohol content measured.
Yellow lamp + Alcoguard Approved test
Engine starting possible - measured alcohol content is above 0.1 promille but below the limit value in forceLimit values vary from country to country. Find out what applies in your country. See also Alcohol lock - to bear in mind..
Red lamp + Disapproved test Wait 1 minute to try again
Engine starting not possible - measured alcohol content is above the limit value in forceLimit values vary from country to country. Find out what applies in your country. See also Alcohol lock - to bear in mind..
After a completed period of driving, the engine can be restarted within 30 minutes without a new breath test.