The combined instrument panel uses symbols, graphics and text when elements are to be executed.
The PAP function measures the space and turns the steering wheel - the driver's task is to follow the combined instrument panel's instructions and select the gear (reverse/forward), control the speed, brake and stop.
PAP can be activated if the following criteria are met once the engine has been started:
- The functions ABSor ESC
(Anti-lock Braking System) - Anti-lock braking system.must not intervene when the PAP function is activated - these can be activated in the event of e.g. steep and slippery surfaces, see the sections on Foot brake and Stability system ESC for more information.
(Electronic Stability Control) - Stability system.
- Trailers must not be connected to the car.
- The speed must be below 50 km/h.
Principle for PAP.
PAPThe function parks the car using the following steps:
- The function searches for a parking space and measures it - during measurement, speed must not exceed 30 km/h.
- The car is steered into the space during reversing.
- The car is positioned in the space by driving forward and back.