Adaptive cruise control with Speed limiterAn explanation of the illustration's figures is given in the section "Adaptive cruise control - overview"..
Adaptive cruise control without Speed limiterAn explanation of the illustration's figures is given in the section "Adaptive cruise control - overview"..
To start the ACC:
- Press the steering wheel button - a similar WHITE symbol illuminates in the combined instrument panel (8) which shows that the adaptive cruise control is in standby mode.
To activate ACC:
- At the required speed - press the steering wheel button or .
|>||The current speed is stored in the memory, the combined instrument panel shows a "magnifying glass" (6) around the stored speed for a second or so and its marking changes from WHITE to GREEN.|
When this symbol changes colour from WHITE to GREEN, the ACC is active and the car maintains the stored speed.
Only when the symbol shows an image of another vehicle is the distance to the vehicle in front controlled by the ACC.
At the same time a speed range is marked:
- the higher speed with GREEN marking is the pre-programmed speed
- the lower speed is the speed of the vehicle in front.
Changing the stored speed
Stored speed is changed with short or long presses on the or steering wheel button.
To adjust +/- 5 km/h (+/- 5 mph):
- Use short presses - each press gives +/- 5 km/h (+/- 5 mph).
To adjust +/- 1 km/h (+/- 1 mph):
- Hold down the button and release it at the required speed.
Last press made is stored in the memory.
If speed is increased using the accelerator pedal prior to pressing the / button, then it is the car's current speed when the button is pressed that is stored.
A temporary increase in speed with the accelerator pedal, e.g. during overtaking, does not affect the setting - the car returns to the last stored speed when the accelerator pedal is released.
If any of the adaptive cruise control buttons are held depressed for several minutes then the function is blocked and deactivated. To be able to reactivate it, the car must be stopped and the engine restarted.
In certain situations it cannot be reactivated - in which case, the combined instrument panel shows Adaptive cruise control unavailable.