The four-digit PIN code is generated automatically by a Volvo On Call service centre or an authorised Volvo dealer. The code is sent to the car owner to identify people who are authorised to perform certain Volvo On Call services.
Using a Volvo On Call PIN code
The Volvo On Call PIN code is required for the following services, for security reasons:
- Create a link between the Volvo On Call app and the car.
- Remote unlocking of the car via a Volvo On Call service centreAvailable services vary depending on market..
- When you start tracking a stolen car via a Volvo On Call service centreAvailable services vary depending on market..
- When you create new app users for your car.
- When you cancel your Volvo On Call subscription via the app, e.g. when the car changes owners.
Forgotten or change of PIN code
If the PIN code has been forgotten or needs to be changed (e.g. when buying a used car with Volvo On Call), contact
- a dealer or
- Volvo On Call service centreAvailable services vary depending on market. via the ON CALL button, the Volvo On Call app or a normal phone call.
The new code is sent to the car owner.
Incorrect PIN code has been entered for the Volvo On Call app repeatedly
If an incorrect PIN code has been entered ten times in a row, the account will be locked. A new PIN code must be selected in order to be able to use the app again and a new app account created by following the same process as when the previous app account was created.
Difference between a Volvo ID password and a Volvo On Call PIN code
The password for Volvo ID is required to log in to the Volvo On Call app. The PIN code for Volvo On Call is the four-digit code used for the services referred to above. The PIN code shows that the user is authorised.