If the adaptive cruise control is set to the standby mode and the car comes too close to a vehicle in front, then the driver is warned instead by the Distance warning function about the short distance.
Buttons and symbols for functions.
Deactivate Adaptive Cruise Control and set it in standby mode
To temporarily switch off Adaptive Cruise Control and set it in standby mode:
Press the steering wheel button (2).
The symbol on the driver display changes colour from WHITE to GREY and the stored speed in the centre of the speedometer changes from BEIGE to GREY.
Standby mode on driver intervention
The Adaptive cruise control is temporarily deactivated and set in standby mode if:
- the foot brake is used
- the gear selector is moved to N position
- the driver maintains a speed higher than the stored speed for longer than 1 minute.
The driver must then control the speed himself/herself.
A temporary increase in speed with the accelerator pedal, e.g. during overtaking, does not affect the setting - the car returns to the last stored speed when the accelerator pedal is released.
Automatic standby mode
Adaptive Cruise Control is dependent on other systems, such as Electronic Stability Control. If any of these systems ceases to function then the adaptive cruise control is disengaged automatically.
In the event of automatic deactivation a signal will sound and a message is shown in the driver display. The driver must then intervene and adapt the speed and distance to the vehicle ahead.
Automatic deactivation may occur if:
- the speed is below 5 km/h (3 mph) and ACC is uncertain whether the vehicle ahead is a stationary vehicle or an object, such as a speed bump.
- the speed is below 5 km/h (3 mph) and the vehicle in front turns off so that ACC no longer has a vehicle to follow.
- the driver opens the door
- the driver takes off the seatbelt
- engine speed is too low/high
- wheels lose traction
- brake temperature is high
- the parking brake is applied
- the radar unit is covered by e.g. wet snow or heavy rainfall (camera lens/radio waves are blocked).
Reactivating cruise control from standby mode
Press the steering wheel button (1).
The speed is then set to the most recently stored speed.
A marked speed increase may occur once the speed has been resumed by pressing steering wheel button .