Before the time arrives for embarking on a driving holiday or long journeys, it can be useful to check the following:
- That the engine is working as intended and that fuel consumption is normal.
- That there is no leakage (fuel, oil or other fluid).
- That the braking effect on braking works as intended.
- That all lamps are working - adjust headlamp level if the car is heavily laden.
- That the tyres have sufficient tread depth and tyre pressure. Change to winter tyres when driving to areas where there is a risk of snowy or icy road surfaces
- That the warning triangle and reflective vest are stored in the car. This is a legal requirement in certain countries.
- That the starter battery charging is good.
- That the wiper blades are in good condition.
If anything needs attention, see the owner's manual for your car model for more information or contact an authorised Volvo workshop.
It can be a good idea to check that the maps in the navigation systemOption. are updated. In addition, check the requirements for loading and for any journey on a car ferry or rail transport. Also pay attention to the possibility of additional costs for data roaming while driving an online connected car abroad.
Car model/model year
Applies to all car models