Volvo Car Group's performance brand Polestar today has unveiled the 600hp Polestar 1, the company's first car, which is set to roll off the production line in mid-2019. Polestar's technology and product offering benefits from synergies and economies of scale enabled by the Volvo Car Group, helping Polestar to accelerate design, development and production processes at a fraction of the time it takes other new entrants. The Polestar 1 will form a halo for the future Polestar brand.
The Polestar 1 is a two-door, 2+2 seat Grand Tourer Coupé with an 'Electric Performance Hybrid' drivetrain. An electric car supported by an internal combustion engine, it has a range of 150km on pure electric power alone – the longest full-electric range of any hybrid car on the market. Its output of 600hp and 1000Nm of torque places the car firmly in the performance car segment.
What is Motability
• A brand new car every three years, or Wheelchair Accessible Vehicle (WAV) every five years
• Insurance, servicing and maintenance
• Full breakdown assistance
• Annual tax disc
• Replacement tyres (and batteries for scooters and wheelchairs)
• Windscreen repair or replacement
• 60,000 mileage allowance over three years for cars – 100,000 for WAVs
• Many adaptations at no extra cost
• Two named drivers for the car (living at same address)
4 New World Records
Professional kitesurfers – Steph Bridge and sons Olly (18) and Guy (16) – took to the waters around the Isle of Wight on 30 June 2016 on their foiling kitesurf boards. Travelling the 50 nautical miles around the coastline of the Island on the south coast of the UK, they averaged speeds between 16 and 20 knots.
Guy was first around the island in a time of 2 hours 32 minutes and 25 seconds, averaging speeds of 19.68 knots, with the World Sailing Speed Record (WSSR) Council confirming that Guy is now officially the Fastest Kitesurfer around the Isle of Wight. He also set the record for the Fastest Singlehanded Sailor around this island at the same time
|Discover Volvo OceanRace|