Am I eligible to join the Motability Scheme?
The Motability Scheme provides worry-free mobility to disabled people as it enables them to exchange their mobility allowance to lease a new car. You are eligible to join if you are in receipt of one of the following allowances and have at least 12months’ award length remaining:
• Enhanced Rate Mobility Component of Personal Independence Payment (ERMC PIP)
o As of April 2018 this allowance is £59.75 per week
• Higher Rate Mobility Component of Disability Living Allowance (HRMC DLA)
o As of 12 April 2017 this allowance is £59.75 per week
• Armed Forces Independence Payment (AFIP)
o As of 12 April 2017 the mobility element of this allowance is £59.75 per week
• War Pensioners’ Mobility Supplement (WPMS)
o As of 12 April 2017 this allowance is £66.75 per week
What does the Motability package include?
When you lease a car through the Motability Scheme the following is always included in the price:
• Car insurance, servicing and maintenance
• Full breakdown cover
• Replacement tyres
• Windscreen repair or replacement
• 60,000 mile allowance across the 3 year period
• Certain adaptations at no extra cost
• Up to two named drivers
Ocean Automotive (Swedish) Limited t/a Volvo Cars Poole is an Appointed Representative of Automotive Compliance Ltd, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA No 497010). Automotive Compliance Ltd’s permissions as a Principal Firm allows Ocean Automotive (Swedish) Limited t/a Volvo Cars Poole to act as a credit broker, not as a lender, for the introduction to a limited number of finance providers and to act as an agent on behalf of the insurer for insurance distribution activities.