Latest information XC40 Recharge Pure Electric
At Volvo Cars, we work constantly to give you the best possible experience. Upcoming functions and improvements will be available via Over The Air (OTA). With over the air update it means that you don’t need to visit a workshop and that your car will always be at its best. What will be available in each update will be presented on the Software Updates page, found in the top menu.
All Volvo On Call functions are currently not available for the XC40 Recharge Pure Electric. However, they will be rolled out continuously during the year and will make life with your electric car even easier and more convenient. To read more about coming updates, see Volvo Cars app updates.
Later this year there will also be new features added. For example, the orange Care Key will receive a speed cap software that allows safer car sharing. Apple CarPlay will be added to also allow passengers to integrate their phones with your car.
How to update Over The Air:
When there is an update, it will be sent directly to your car. The update takes place in two phases: a download phase while you are using the car, and an installation phase when the car is not in use. Note that the time it takes for the download and the installation depends on the size of the software package.
Download – while the car is in use
1. The software package is automatically downloaded in the background every time you drive the car. Sometimes the package can be extensive and take time to download - up to two hours in total. If you stop driving before the package is downloaded, the download will resume the next time you drive.
Installation – while the car is not in use
2. When the software has been downloaded, you will receive a message in the car's centre display that the software is ready for installation the next time you start the car. Then you will also receive instructions on how to proceed.
3. You can choose to start the installation immediately or do it later. If you choose to do the latter, the notification will be dismissed, but you can easily find it again by swiping the screen from the top to access notifications.
4. Please note that you will not be able to use the car in any way during this time.
5. To be able to start the installation, the car must charged to at least 40%.
6. The car shall not be connected to charging during installation.
7. To start installation: press the install button in the centre display. Leave the car and lock the doors.
8. Via a message in the car's centre display, you will be informed that the installation has been completed.
9. When the installation is finished, you can pair a mobile phone with the car using the Volvo Cars app. Note that the car may need 24-36 hours to establish a secure connection with the phone. If you experience problems with the app, see Frequently asked questions about the Volvo Cars app.
10. If the installation is not successful, try restarting the installation by swiping the message forward from the top of the display. If you can't redo the installation right away, just decline the notification and drive as usual. If necessary, you can contact Volvo service workshop for advice and they will help you.
We hope you'll enjoy the new functionalities of your Volvo!
Car model/model year
XC40 Recharge Pure Electric
The range of models, systems and services may vary depending on market.