Adjust the climate
To start voice control of the climate control system, use the command ”Climate”. A dialogue then starts and examples of commands are shown.
Not all system languages support voice control. The system languages that do are highlighted with the symbol in the list of available system languages. More information on which system languages are supported can be found at Voice control language settings.
Using voice recognition for climate control
Settings and menus in the centre display vary depending on software version.
To activate a command
Press the steering wheel button for voice control.
Say the command for the function you want to activate.
- "Set temperature to X degrees" - sets the desired temperatureThe function may vary depending on options/climate control..
- "Raise temperature"/"Lower temperature" - increases/decreases the set temperature one step.
- "Set fan to max"/"Turn off fan" - changes fan speed to Max/Off.
- "Raise fan speed"/"Lower fan speed" - increases/decreases the set fan speed one step.
- "Turn on auto" - activates the automatic climate control systemThe function may vary depending on options/climate control..
- "Air condition on"/"Air condition off" - activates/deactivates the air conditioning.
- "Recirculation on"/"Recirculation off" - activates/deactivates air recirculation.
- "Turn on defroster "/"Turn off defroster" - activates/deactivates defrosting of the windows and door mirrors.
- "Turn on seat heat"/"Turn off seat heat" - activates/deactivates seat heatingOption..
- "Raise seat heat"/"Lower seat heat" - increases/decreases the set level for seat heating one stepOption..
- "Turn steering wheel heat on"/"Turn steering wheel heat off" - activates/deactivates steering wheel heatingOption..
- "Sync temperature" - synchronises the temperature for all climate zones in the car with the temperature set for the driver's sideThe function may vary depending on options/climate control..
- "Turn on rear defroster"/"Turn off rear defroster" - activates/deactivates rear window and door mirror defrosters.
- "Air on feet"/"Air on body" - opens the desired air flow.
The following commands can frequently be used regardless of the situation:
- "Repeat" – repeats the last voice instruction.
- "Cancel" – terminates the dialogue.
- "Help" – starts a help dialogue. The system replies with the commands available in the current situation, a prompt or an example.
Car model/model year
XC90 and XC90 Twin Engine of model year 2016 onwards
S90, V90 and V90 Cross Country of model year 2017 onwards
XC40, XC60, XC60 Twin Engine, V90 Twin Engine and S90 Twin Engine of model year 2018 onwards
V60, V60 Twin Engine and V60 Cross Country of model year 2019 onwards
S60 and S60 Twin Engine of model year 2020 onwards
The range of models may vary depending on market.