Use the phone
Before the voice commands for the mobile phone's functions can be used (text message, phone calls and media player) a mobile phone must be connected to the car. For information on how to connect a mobile phone to the car, see Connect your mobile phone to the car via Bluetooth.
Once your phone is connected to the car, you can use voice commands to e.g. call a contact or phone number, or to listen to a message.
Using voice recognition control to make a phone call.
Settings and menus in the centre display vary depending on software version.
To activate a command
Press the steering wheel button for voice control.
Say the command for the function you want to activate.
- "Call [First name] [Surname]" - calls the selected contact from the phone book.
- "Call [First name] [Surname] [number category]" - calls the selected contact from the phone book when the contact has multiple phone numbers.
- "Call [phone number]" - calls the phone number.
- "Recent calls" - displays the call log.
- "Message to [contact]" - you are prompted to speak a short message. The message is then read back and you can choose to send it or re-record the message. For this function to work, the car must be connected to the InternetRequires Sensus Connect to have the software version released in May 2017..
Numeric commands are entered differently depending on the function to be controlled.
Telephone numbers and post codes must be stated individually digit by digit, e.g. zero three one two two four four three (03122443).
Not all system languages support voice control. The system languages that do are highlighted with the symbol in the list of available system languages. More information on which system languages are supported can be found at Voice control language settings.
The following commands can frequently be used regardless of the situation:
- "Repeat" – repeats the last voice instruction.
- "Cancel" – terminates the dialogue.
- "Help" – starts a help dialogue. The system responds with commands that can be used in the current situation, a request or an example.
Car model/model year
XC90 and XC90 Twin Engine of model year 2016 onwards
S90, V90 and V90 Cross Country of model year 2017 onwards
XC40, XC60, XC60 Twin Engine, V90 Twin Engine and S90 Twin Engine of model year 2018 onwards
V60, V60 Twin Engine and V60 Cross Country of model year 2019 onwards
S60 and S60 Twin Engine of model year 2020 onwards
The range of models may vary depending on market.