Find your car using the 'Honk & Flash' function
Follow the instructions below to make your car honk and/or flash for five seconds:
Log in to your Volvo On Call app and select the Map tab.
Both your own position and that of your Volvo are marked on the map.
If you need additional help to see where your car is located, e.g. in a large car park, you can get your car to honk and/or flash by pressing one of the following symbols:
- Lamp for flashing
- Lamp and horn to both honk and flash
This activates the car’s horn and/or hazard warning lights for a couple of seconds. The sound horn and/or flash functions work within a radius of approximately 500 metres from your carMay vary depending on market..
From the map view in your app, you can also search for a destination and send it to your Volvo.
Tips for better positioning
If your Volvo On Call app does not show a precise position for the car then this may be due to the following causes:
- The present position of the car has poor or no GPS visibility, e.g. in an inside car park. In such cases, the latest position received is used as the approximate position.
- The car could not transmit data to Volvo On Call's servers when you last parked it. The position is sent to your Volvo every time you park your car. If the car has no mobile coverage then the latest position has not been registered - so it is not visible in the app either. This can occur if the car is parked in a garage, for example, with poor mobile coverage.
- Volvo On Call uses GPS technology to locate the car. The GPS coordinates are translated into addresses which are easy to understand, e.g. street names, which is why it might look like your car is parked on a street in the local area if, for example, it is parked in a nearby parking garage without GPS coverage.
- The car's position is not shown when the car is not in use.
Car model/model year
Cars from and including model year 2012 up to and including 2019Applicable to cars fitted with Volvo On Call..
The range of models, systems and services may vary depending on market.
For car models from and including model year 2020, see on-line manual for the model concerned.
Volvo On Call