Guess where we are
Get a chance to win the all-new S60 for a year
9 locations, 9 chances to win
Stones, mortar, arches and pillars. We love a good feat of engineering.
Another way to enter
City & State for Location [Indicate Number]
First & Last Name
Email (if different)
Write Location Number in the subject line.
The Volvo S60
Terms & Conditions
Volvo Guess Where We Are Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND D.C. WHO ARE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER, WHO HAVE A VALID DRIVER’S LICENSE ISSUED BY ONE OF THE 50 UNITED STATES OR D.C. AND WHO ARE OF THE LEGAL AGE OF MAJORITY AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. U.S. LAW GOVERNS THIS SWEEPSTAKES. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Volvo Guess Where We Are Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to persons who as of the time of entry (and, if a winner, as of the date of prize fulfillment) are a legal resident of one of the fifty United States or the District of Columbia and are 18 years of age or older, have a valid driver’s license issued by one of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia and are of the legal age of majority in the jurisdiction in which the person resides. Persons who as of the date of entry (or, if a winner, as of the date of prize fulfillment) are an employee of Volvo Car USA, LLC (“Sponsor”) or any of Sponsor’s parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates or advertising or promotion agencies or any other entity involved in the marketing or promotion of the Sweepstakes, or a member of the immediate family or household (whether or not related) of any such employee, are not eligible. Eligibility determinations will be made by Sponsor in its discretion and will be final and binding. U.S. law governs this Sweepstakes. Void where prohibited by law.
2. HOW TO ENTER: The entry period for the Sweepstakes begins at 9:00 a.m. Eastern Time (ET) on May 15, 2019, and continues through 11:59 p.m. ET on June 13, 2019 (the “Entry Period”). No purchase is necessary. During the Entry Period, Sponsor will make available a series of images of Volvo automobiles in various locations throughout the northeastern United States determined by Sponsor (each, an “Image”). To receive an entry in the sweepstakes, a participant must correctly guess the location (city and state) of the automobile depicted in an Image (a “Guess”) and complete the remainder of the entry process, as described in more detail below. Each Guess must identify both a city and state. Sponsor will make the Images available via Instagram, Facebook and the Sweepstakes website, and there are three methods via which potential entrants may submit guesses as to locations of automobiles depicted in Images and enter the Sweepstakes, as described in more detail below. The method of entry used by the entrant will not affect his or her odds of winning. Instagram Entry: During the Entry Period, Sponsor will from time to time post advertisements via Instagram that contain Images. To enter the Sweepstakes via Instagram, the participant must follow the instructions provided in the Instagram post to complete and submit the provided entry form (“Entry Form”), which will include a submission of the entrant’s Guess. Entrants are prohibited from inaccurately tagging content or encouraging other Instagram users to inaccurately tag content in any Instagram post. Facebook Entry: During the Entry Period, Sponsor will from time to time post advertisements via Facebook that contain Images. To enter the Sweepstakes via
Facebook, the participant must follow the instructions provided in the Facebook post to complete and submit an Entry Form, which will include a submission of the entrant’s Guess. Each Facebook comment must comply with all terms and conditions and technical requirements of Facebook, including without limitation the Statement of Rights and Responsibilities and Community Standards. Website Entry: During the Entry Period, Sponsor will make the Images available on the Sweepstakes website, located at s60guesswhere.com (the “Website”). To enter the Sweepstakes via the Website, the participant must follow the instructions provided on the Website and send to the designated email address an email message containing the participant’s first and last name, residence ZIP code and e-mail address and his or her Guess and such other information as may be specified on the Website (collectively, an “Entry E-mail”). Each Entry E-mail must contain only one Guess. General Entry Terms and Conditions: Completion of an Entry Form or Entry E-mail will require submission of Entrant’s name, email address, ZIP code, Guess, and such other information as Sponsor may require. By participating in the Sweepstakes, you are opting in for communication from Volvo. A participant who submits an Entry Form or Entry E-mail that contains a correct Guess will receive one entry into the Sweepstakes. Submission of an incorrect Guess, as determined by Sponsor, will not result in a Sweepstakes entry. Sponsor will determine, in its sole discretion, with respect to each Image, what constitutes a correct Guess. A participant may submit as many Guesses as the participant may like with respect to each Image, but there is a limit of one entry per Image and a limit of nine entries per entrant. Proof of submission does not constitute proof of entry. All entries must be completed and received by Sponsor prior to the conclusion of the Entry Period. Entry times for entries submitted via the Instagram or Facebook entry methods will be determined by the timestamp attributed to the entrant’s Submission by the applicable social media platform. With respect to entries submitted via the Instagram or Facebook entry methods the entrant must be the registered user of the social media account used to submit the Entry Form. Entry times for entries submitted via email will be determined by Sponsor’s computer or other timekeeping device. Normal time rates and data charges, if any, charged by the entrant’s Internet or mobile service provider will apply. All entries are subject to verification at any time. Proof of submission does not constitute proof of entry. Sponsor will have the right, in its discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility in a form acceptable to Sponsor (including, without limitation, government-issued photo identification). Failure to provide such proof to the satisfaction of Sponsor in a timely manner may result in disqualification.
3. WINNER SELECTION: Following the conclusion of the Entry Period, one potential winner will be selected in a random drawing conducted by Sponsor or its agent from among all eligible entries received. The odds of being selected as the potential winner will depend on the number of eligible entries received. The potential winner is subject to verification. There is a limit of one prize per person and per household.
4. WINNER NOTIFICATION AND VERIFICATION: The potential winner will be notified by e- mail (sent to the e-mail address provided by the entrant in the Entry Form or Entry E-
mail), or using other contact information provided by the potential winner, in Sponsor’s discretion, and the potential winner must respond to Sponsor’s initial notification attempt within 48 hours. The potential winner is subject to verification of eligibility and may in Sponsor’s discretion be required to complete, sign and return to Sponsor an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability and, if legally permissible, a Publicity Release, an IRS Form W-9 and any other documentation provided by Sponsor in connection with verification of the potential winner’s eligibility and confirmation of the releases and grant of rights set forth in these Official Rules (as applicable, “Winner Verification Documents”), within 48 hours of attempted delivery to the potential winner of same. Verification of each potential winner’s eligibility may also include, without limitation, a background investigation and/or credit check. Each entrant consents to the conduct of a background investigation (which may include a review of criminal records) and/or credit check on the potential winner and agrees to supply any authorizations or permissions deemed necessary by Sponsor in connection with any such investigation. Each entrant represents that he or she will provide accurate and truthful information to Sponsor in connection with eligibility verification. If a potential winner cannot be reached or does not respond within 48 hours of the initial notification attempt, or fails to complete, sign, and return any required Winner Verification Documents or any other documentation or material within 48 hours of attempted delivery of same, or if Sponsor is unable to verify the potential winner’s eligibility or compliance with these Official Rules, or if Sponsor conducts a background investigation on the potential winner and determines in its sole discretion that awarding a prize to the potential winner, publicizing any facts or details about the potential winner or an association of the potential winner with Sponsor or the Sweepstakes might reflect negatively on Sponsor and/or its products or services or the Sweepstakes, then Sponsor will have the right in its discretion to disqualify the potential winner and select an alternate potential winner (in which event the terms described above will apply to such alternate).
5. PRIZES: One prize will be offered. The prize consists of a one-year lease of the 2019 Volvo S60 automobile. The approximate retail value of the prize is $12,000. The exact value will depend on where the winner resides and market conditions at the time of prize fulfillment. The automobile will be provided pursuant to and in accordance with a lease agreement provided by the lessor. Use of the lease is conditioned on the winner signing and complying with such lease agreement and all related instructions and rules and satisfying all applicable lease conditions. The make, model and specifications of the vehicle to be provided will be determined by Sponsor in its discretion. No physical alterations, accessories or options will be permitted to be added to or removed from the vehicle. Winner is responsible for all taxes and expenses, including but not limited to sales tax, luxury tax, destination charges, registration, title and license fees, insurance and all other costs, incurred in claiming, registering or using the prize. The winner must present his or her valid driver’s license and provide satisfactory proof of automobile insurance prior to the delivery of the prize. Vehicle details and availability are subject to change. All prize details that are not expressly specified in these Official Rules will be determined by Sponsor in its discretion. Provision of prize is subject to winner’s compliance with all
standard terms and conditions applicable to the prize and satisfaction of all standard eligibility requirements applicable to the prize. Winner’s eligibility is subject to insurance eligibility by insurance carrier and credit approval. If a potential winner does not comply with all such terms and conditions or does not satisfy all such eligibility requirements, Sponsor will have the right in its discretion to disqualify the potential winner and select an alternate potential winner. No substitution, cash redemption or transfer of the right to receive a prize is permitted, except in the discretion of Sponsor, which has the right to substitute any prize with a prize or prizes of equal or greater value selected by Sponsor in its discretion. Each prize consists only of the items expressly specified in these Official Rules. All expenses or costs associated with the acceptance or use of each prize are the responsibility of the winner. Each winner will be required to pick up the Volvo vehicle from a dealer designated by Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for any costs incurred by any winner in connection with travel to the designated dealer. The prize is awarded “as is” and without any warranty, except as required by law. All federal, state and local taxes on the value of each prize are the responsibility of the winner. An IRS form 1099 will be issued if required by law. All prizes will be awarded if properly claimed.
6. GRANT OF RIGHTS: By participating in and/or entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant irrevocably grants to Sponsor and its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising and promotion agencies, and the successors and assigns and licensees of each of the foregoing (collectively, the “Licensees”) the right to use the entrant’s name, likeness, voice, biographical information and/or statements attributed to the entrant (collectively, “Personality Rights”), in perpetuity, throughout the world, in all media and formats whether now or later known or developed, including without limitation via Sponsor’s and third-party websites and social media and digital channels, for commercial purposes and any other purposes (including without limitation advertising and promotion), without further notice or compensation, unless prohibited by law.
7. RELEASE AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By participating in and/or entering the Sweepstakes, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, each entrant and each person who completes any part of the entry process releases and agrees to hold harmless each of the Licensees, all other companies involved in the development or operation of the Sweepstakes, all other companies involved in the provision of any prize or prize component or the marketing or promotion of the Sweepstakes, Facebook, Instagram, and the directors, officers, employees and agents and contractors of each of the foregoing (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims and causes of action of any kind that the entrant or other person ever had, now has or might in the future have arising out of or relating to the Sweepstakes, participation in the Sweepstakes, the use of Facebook, Instagram or the Website, the provision, acceptance or use of any prize or prize component, or any use of the entrant’s Personality Rights as permitted pursuant to these Official Rules, including without limitation any and all claims and causes of action (a) relating to any personal injury, death or property damage or loss sustained by any entrant or any other person (including in connection with receipt or use of the automobile that will be provided as part of the prize), (b) based upon any allegation
of violation of the right of privacy or publicity, misappropriation, defamation, or violation of any other personal or proprietary right, or (c) based upon any allegation of a violation of any law, rule or regulation relating to personal information or data security. Each entrant and each person who completes any part of the entry process agrees not to assert any such claim or cause of action against any of the Released Parties. Each entrant and each person who completes any part of the entry process assumes the risk of, and all liability for, any injury, loss or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in this Sweepstakes, the use of Facebook, Instagram or the Website, or the provision, acceptance or use of any prize or prize component (including receipt or use of the automobile that will be provided as part of the prize). The Released Parties are not responsible for, and will not have any liability in connection with, any typographical, printing, production, distribution or other error and may modify, rescind, cancel or revoke this Sweepstakes based upon any such error without liability and at Sponsor’s sole discretion. The Released Parties are not responsible for, and will not have any liability in connection with, any inability of a participant to access Facebook, Instagram or the Website, late, lost, delayed, illegible, damaged, corrupted or incomplete entries, or any other human, mechanical or technical error of any kind relating to the operation of Facebook, Instagram or the Website, failures of or delay in any mobile, wireless, Internet or cellular transmission or connection or the submission, collection, storage and/or processing of entries or the administration of the Sweepstakes.
8. GENERAL RULES: Sponsor has the right, in its sole discretion, to modify these Official Rules (including without limitation by adjusting any of the dates and/or timeframes stipulated in these Official Rules) and to cancel, modify or suspend this Sweepstakes at any time in its discretion, including without limitation if a virus, bug, technical problem, entrant fraud or misconduct or other cause beyond the control of the Sponsor corrupts the administration, integrity, security or proper operation of the Sweepstakes or if for any other reason Sponsor is not able to conduct the Sweepstakes as planned (including without limitation in the event the Sweepstakes is interfered with by any fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or of public enemy, communications failure, riot or civil disturbance, war (declared or undeclared), terrorist threat or activity, federal, state or local law, order or regulation or court order) or in the event of any change to the terms governing the use of Instagram or Facebook or the application or interpretation of such terms. In the event of termination of the Sweepstakes, a notice will be posted and winners selected in accordance with the procedures set forth in these Official Rules from among all eligible entries received prior to the time of termination to award any remaining prize. Sponsor has the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify or prohibit from participating in the Sweepstakes any individual who, in Sponsor’s discretion, Sponsor determines or believes (i) has tampered with the entry process or has undermined the legitimate operation of Facebook, Instagram, the Website, or the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception or other unfair practices, (ii) has engaged in conduct that annoys, abuses, threatens or harasses any other entrant or any representative of Sponsor or (iii) has attempted or intends to attempt any of the foregoing. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE
ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR HAS THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY PERSON INVOLVED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED
BY LAW. In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an entry via Instagram or Facebook, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized owner of the Instagram or Facebook account, if such person is eligible for the Sweepstakes. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. All materials submitted in connection with any entry become the property of Sponsor and will not be verified or returned. By participating in this Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, will determine the validity of each entry. If Sponsor determines or believes that any entry is fraudulent, illegitimate or invalid, or that any entrant has failed to comply with or has violated any provision of these Official Rules, Sponsor will have the right in its discretion to disqualify any affected entrant. These Official Rules may not be reprinted or republished in any way without the prior written consent of Sponsor. In the event of any conflict between these Official Rules and any Sweepstakes information provided elsewhere (including, without limitation, in advertising or marketing materials), these Official Rules shall prevail.
9. ARBITRATION: By participating in this Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees that: (a) any claim the entrant may have against any of the Released Parties (whether in contract, tort or otherwise), and any dispute or controversy, arising out of, relating to or connected in any way with the Sweepstakes, the awarding or redemption of prizes, or the determination of the scope or applicability of this agreement to arbitrate, will be resolved exclusively by final and binding arbitration administered by JAMS and conducted before a sole arbitrator pursuant to JAMS’s Comprehensive Arbitration Rules and Procedures (“Rules and Procedures”); (b) this arbitration agreement is made pursuant to a transaction involving interstate commerce, and shall be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act (“FAA”), 9 U.S.C. §§ 1-16; (c) the arbitration shall be held at a location determined by JAMS pursuant to the Rules and Procedures (provided such location is reasonably convenient for the entrant), or at such other location as may be mutually agreed to by the entrant and Sponsor; (d) the arbitrator’s decision shall be controlled by the terms and conditions of these Official Rules and any of the other agreements referenced herein that the entrant may have entered into in connection with the Sweepstakes; (e) the arbitrator shall apply New York law consistent with the FAA and applicable statutes of limitations, and shall honor claims of privilege recognized at law; (f) the entrant and Sponsor hereby waive the right to assert claims in any class or representative action, and there shall be no authority for any claims to be arbitrated on a class or representative basis; the arbitration can thus address only the entrant’s and/or Sponsor’s individual claims and the arbitrator may not consolidate or join the claims of other persons or parties who may be similarly situated; (g) in the event that the administrative fees, arbitrator fees and filing fees associated with the arbitration exceed
$250, Sponsor agrees to pay any such administrative, arbitrator and filing fees exceeding
$250 on the entrant’s behalf, subject to ultimate allocation by the arbitrator; and (h) with the exception of subpart (f) above, if any part of this arbitration provision is deemed to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal, or otherwise conflicts with the Rules and Procedures, then the balance of this arbitration provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid, unenforceable, illegal or conflicting provision were not contained herein. If, however, subpart (f) is found to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal, then the entirety of this arbitration provision shall be null and void, and neither Sponsor nor entrant shall be entitled to arbitrate their dispute. Finally, this arbitration provision is reciprocally binding on all parties, such that both the entrant and Sponsor are required to arbitrate their claims against one another. For more information on JAMS and/or JAMS Rules and Procedures, entrants may visit the JAMS Website at www.jamsadr.com.
10. USE OF INFORMATION: By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees that information submitted via the Website in connection with the Sweepstakes will be subject to Sponsor’s Privacy Notice available at http://www.volvocars.com/us/footer/privacy (the “Privacy Notice”) and may be used as permitted pursuant to the Privacy Notice, and may also be used as determined by Sponsor in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes (including winner notification and provision of winners’ names when requested).
11. WINNERS’ NAMES AND RULES REQUESTS: For the names of the winners, available approximately thirty days after the conclusion of the Entry Period, or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: The Volvo Guess Where We Are Sweepstakes, c/o Grey Global, 200 5th Ave, New York, NY 10010.
12. SPONSOR: Volvo Car USA LLC, 1 Volvo Drive P.O. Box 914, Rockleigh, NJ 07647. The Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Instagram.