Your personal valet awaits, offering seamless pickup, service and delivery.
Effective Date: March 31, 2020
SCOPE AND PURPOSE
For Volvo Car USA, LLC (“VCUSA”, “our”, “us”, or “we”) to provide you with all the services related to Volvo Valet we need to process certain personal information. “Personal information” is defined as information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could be reasonably linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer, household or device.
The purposes for processing are to allow you to schedule a service appointment for your Volvo vehicle (with vehicle pickup and loaner vehicle delivery) directly through our Volvo Valet mobile application and, with you consent, allow a Volvo Cars authorized retailer to schedule a test drive and/or delivery of your new vehicle or exchange your current leased vehicle for a new leased vehicle (collectively referred to as our “services”).
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
To provide you with our Volvo Valet services, we must collect the following categories of personal information:
1. Identifiers, such as real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, E-mail address or other similar identifiers.
2. Personal Information, such as real name, postal address, telephone number, E-mail address, driver’s license number, vehicle identification number (VIN), vehicle insurance policy number, and photographs of your Volvo vehicle and license plate. Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.
3. Commercial Information, such as products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies with VCUSA.
4. Geolocation Data, such as physical location or movements of your Volvo vehicle(s).
We limit our collection of personal information only to what is necessary for our legitimate business purposes and to fulfill or meet the reason you provided VCUSA with your information.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
When we have legal grounds and with your consent when you use our Volvo Valet services, we may use your information for the following legitimate business purposes:
• To fulfill or meet the reason you provided VCUSA with your personal information. For example, to schedule your service appointment in the Volvo Valet app.
• To determine your Volvo vehicle’s geographic location to perform your vehicle pickup and loaner delivery.
• With your consent, to send you service status push notifications within the Volvo Valet app.
• Once your order has been fulfilled, to send you a request for comments and ratings related to the performance of and your overall satisfaction with our service.We will not use the personal information we collected for materially different or unrelated business purposes without providing you prior notice.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share your personal information for one or more of the following business purposes:
• Among Volvo Cars business units;
• With Volvo Cars authorized retailers for the purpose of fulfilling or meeting the reason you provided us with the information, such as to schedule a test drive or delivery and/or pickup of your new Volvo vehicle;
• With service providers contracted to perform services on behalf of VCUSA;
• As required by law: for example, in connection with a government inquiry, dispute, or other legal process or request;
• When we, in good faith, believe that disclosure is necessary in order to protect our rights: for example, if liability issues arise regarding alleged damages to a customer’s vehicle, we may disclose photos of the vehicle, along with timestamps and location data, in our interests to defend ourselves and our service providers rights and interests, and;
• To investigate potential violations of our terms and conditions or to detect, prevent or disclose fraud or other security issues.
We may disclose your personal information for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties:
• Our Volvo Cars affiliates and authorized retailers.
• Service providers.
• Third-Parties to whom you authorize us to disclose personal information in connection with the services related to Volvo Valet.When we disclose personal information to Third-Parties for a business purpose, we enter into a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to keep that personal information confidential, not use it for any purpose except performing the contract and not to sell your personal information.
SALE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
VCUSA does not sell personal information to Third-Parties. In this context, the “sale” of personal information means the disclosure of personal information for monetary or other valuable consideration.
INFORMATION SECURITY and RETENTION
To protect your personal information from loss, theft and unauthorized access, use or disclosure, we use reasonable security measures that comply with industry standards and relevant provincial laws. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings. Your information is accessible only by appropriate personnel who have a business need for the information. We provide training and communication programs to educate our personnel about the meaning and requirements of our cybersecurity policy.
We will retain your information for the length of time needed to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Information Notice unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
Phone: (800) 550-5658
Postal Address: Volvo Car USA, LLC, Attention: Data Protection, 1 Volvo Drive P.O. Box 914, Rockleigh, New Jersey 07647.