Park Assist Pilot*
The function first checks if a space is large enough and if so then assists the driver to steer the car into the space.
The centre display indicates with symbols, graphics and text the various operations to be carried out and when to do so.
- The parking sensors have blind spots where obstacles cannot be detected.
- Pay particular attention if there are people and animals near the car.
- Bear in mind that the front of the car may swing out towards oncoming traffic during the parking manoeuvre.
- The function is supplementary driver support intended to facilitate driving and make it safer – it cannot handle all situations in all traffic, weather and road conditions.
- The driver is advised to read all sections in the Owner's Manual that relate to this function to learn about factors such as its limitations and what the driver should be aware of before using the system.
- Driver support functions are not a substitute for the driver's attention and judgement. The driver is always responsible for ensuring the car is driven in a safe manner, at the appropriate speed, with an appropriate distance to other vehicles, and in accordance with current traffic rules and regulations.
The PAP function measures the space and steers the car - the driver's task is to:
- keep a close watch around the car
- follow the instructions in the centre display
- select gear (reverse/forward) - a "ping" sound indicates when the driver should change gear
- control and maintain a safe speed
- brake and stop.