If theft or other unauthorised use of the car has been discovered, then the car's owner along with the police and the Volvo On Call service centre agree that the car should be traced. The Volvo On Call service centre sends a message to the car to determine the car's position. Following which, the police or other authority are contacted.
If car theft is suspected, contact a Volvo On Call service centre via the Volvo On Call app or a phone call to attempt to locate the car.
This also applies if the car was opened and stolen with the associated key.
A condition for the car to be tracked is that the matter is reported to the police. Volvo On Call will only give information to the police.
- Remote control key
- Emergency assistance with Volvo On Call
- Automatic collision alarm with Volvo On Call
- Remote vehicle immobiliser with Volvo On Call
- Remote unlocking and remote locking with Volvo On Call
- Theft Notification with Volvo On Call
- Help during a trip with Volvo On Call
- Phone number for the Volvo On Call service centre
- Volvo On Call abroad
- Volvo On Call markets
- Volvo On Call services per market