Automatic car wash
An automatic car wash is a simple and quick way of washing the car, but it cannot reach everywhere. Washing the car by hand is recommended to achieve a good result, or to supplement automatic car washes with washing by hand.
For car washes where the car is pulled forward with rolling wheels, the following applies:
- Before washing the car, make sure that the automatic rain sensor is deactivated, otherwise there is the risk of it starting and damaging the wiper arms.
- Make sure that the door mirrors are retracted, any auxiliary lamps secured, antennas retracted or removed, otherwise they risk being damaged by the automatic car wash.
- Drive into the car wash.
- Switch off the "Automatic braking at standstill" function using the button on the tunnel console.
- Switch off the "Automatic parking brake application" function via the top view of the centre display.
- Switch off the engine by turning the start knob in the tunnel console clockwise. Hold the knob in place for at least 2 seconds.
The car is ready for the car wash.