Activating and deactivating the parking brake
Activating the parking brake
Symbol in the driver display
The symbol is illuminated when the parking brake is activated.
If the symbol flashes, it indicates a fault has occurred. Read the message in the driver display.
The parking brake is activated automatically
- when the car is switched off and the setting for automatic activation of the parking brake is activated in the centre display.
- when gear position P is selected on a steep hill1.
- if the Auto hold (Automatic brake when stationary) function is activated and
- the car has been stationary for a long time (5-10 minutes)
- the car is switched off
- the driver leaves the car.
In an emergency, the parking brake can be activated when the car is in motion by pulling and holding up the control. Braking stops when the control is released, or if the accelerator pedal is depressed.
Deactivating the parking brake
With automatic gearbox:
Depress the brake pedal firmly. Select gear position D or R and depress the accelerator pedal.
With manual gearbox:
Depress the clutch pedal and select an appropriate gear. Release the clutch pedal and accelerate.