The charging cable is located in the storage compartment under the cargo area's floor hatch.
Only use the charging cable provided with your vehicle or a replacement cable purchased from a Volvo retailer.
Specifications, charging cable
-32 ºC to 50 ºC (-25 ºF to 122 ºF)
- The charging cable has a built-in circuit breaker. Charging must only take place with grounded and approved sockets.
- Children should be supervised when in the vicinity of the charging cable when it is plugged in.
- High voltage in the charging cable. Contact with high voltage can cause death or serious personal injury.
- Do not use the charging cable if it is damaged in any way. A damaged or inoperative charging cable must only be repaired by a workshop - an authorised Volvo workshop is recommended.
- Always position the charging cable so that it will not be driven over, stepped on, tripped over or damaged in some other way, or cause personal injury.
- Disconnect the charger from the wall outlet before cleaning it.
- Never connect the charging cable to an extension cord or a multiple plug socket.
- Do not use one or more adapters between the charging cable and the electrical socket.
- Do not use an external timer between the charging cable and the electrical socket.
Also, refer to the manufacturer's instructions for using the charging cable and its components.
Multiple plugs, external timers, adapters, extension cables, overvoltage protection or similar devices must not be used together with the charging cable as this result in a risk of fire, electric shocks, etc.
An adapter between the 230 V socket (alternating current) and the charging cable may only be used if the adapter is approved in accordance with IEC 61851 and IEC 62196.
Never unplug the charging cable from the 230 V socket (alternating current) while charging is in progress - there is then a risk of damaging the 230 V socket. Always stop charging first before unplugging the charging cable from the car's charging input socket and then from the 230 V socket.
Clean the charging cable with a clean cloth, moistened with water or a mild detergent. Do not use chemicals or solvents.
The charging cable and its associated parts must not be swamped or immersed in water.
Avoid exposing the control unit and its plug to direct sunlight. In such cases, the overheating protection in the plug is at risk of reducing or interrupting the charging of the hybrid battery.