Pilot Assist can help you to steer your car between the lane markings, as well as maintaining a preset speed or distance to the vehicle ahead. This function can also help you to maintain an even line on the carriageway by keeping track of the lane's lane lines.
What does Pilot Assist do?
- Can help to keep the car within its lane by assisting steering in some cases.
- Can help to maintain a preset speed or the distance to the vehicle ahead by means of acceleration and braking operations.
How do I know when Pilot Assist is operational?
Symbols in the driver's display in the car indicate when this function is operational.
When the steering wheel in the middle is grey, Pilot Assist is running but steering assistance is not active.
When the steering wheel is green, Pilot Assist is running and steering assistance is active.
When the steering wheel symbol in the driver's display is green, Pilot Assist is helping you to steer.
Lane assistanceLane Keeping Aid can provide steering assistance and/or give you an alert when the vehicle is about to leave its own lane unintentionally. This function is active in the speed range 65-200 km/h (40-125 mph) on roads with clearly visible lane lines.
What does lane assistance do?
- Lane assistance can provide the driver with steering assistance, steering the car back into its lane and/or providing warnings using acoustic signals or steering wheel vibration.
How do I know when lane assistance is operational?
Symbols in the driver's display in the car show the status of the function.
A grey symbol in the driver's display means that the function is running but the conditions for LKA have not been met.
A white symbol in the driver's display means that the conditions for LKA have been met and that the function is available.
An orange symbol in the driver's display means that LKA is providing steering assistance back in to the lane and/or will provide warnings using acoustic signals or steering wheel vibration.
The driver always bears responsibility for ensuring that the car is driven safely. Before using this function, the driver is recommended to read all sections on the function in the owner's manual.
- The function is supplementary driver support intended to facilitate driving and make it safer – it cannot handle all situations in all traffic, weather and road conditions.
- The driver is advised to read all sections in the Owner's Manual that relate to this function to learn about factors such as its limitations and what the driver should be aware of before using the system.
- Driver support functions are not a substitute for the driver's attention and judgement. The driver is always responsible for ensuring the car is driven in a safe manner, at the appropriate speed, with an appropriate distance to other vehicles, and in accordance with current traffic rules and regulations.