Limitations of Lane assistance
In certain demanding conditions lane assistance (LKA1) may have difficulty helping the driver correctly. In such cases it is recommended to switch off this function.
Examples of such conditions are:
- road works
- winter road conditions
- poor road surface
- a very “sporty” driving style
- poor weather with reduced visibility
- roads with unclear or non-existent side markings
- sharp edges or lines other than the lane's side markings
- as the steering servo for speed-dependent steering wheel resistance is working at reduced power – e.g. when cooling due to overheating.
The function is unable to detect barriers, rails or similar obstacles at the side of the carriageway.
This function uses the car's camera and radar units, which have certain general limitations.