City Safety brakes for oncoming vehicles
City Safety can assist the driver to use emergency braking for an oncoming vehicle in your car's lane.
If an oncoming vehicle enters your car's lane and a collision is unavoidable, City Safety can reduce the car's speed with a view to reducing the violence of the impact.
For this function to work, the following criteria must be met:
- your car must be travelling at more than 4 km/h (3 mph)
- the road section must be straight
- your car's lane must have clear lane markings
- your car must be positioned straight in its own lane
- the oncoming vehicle must be within your car's lane markings
- the oncoming vehicle must have its headlamps switched on
- this function can only handle "front to front" collisions
- this function can only detect vehicles with four wheels.
Warnings and brake interventions due to an impending collision with an oncoming vehicle always come very late.