Navigation* - operation
The navigation system can be operated from the centre console, steering wheel buttons, remote control* and partly with voice recognition. For basic operation of the system, see section Audio and media - operating the system.
Activate Sensus Navigation
Observe the following.
- Direct all your attention to the road and make sure that all your concentration is on driving.
- Follow applicable traffic legislation and drive with good judgment.
- Due to weather conditions or time of year affecting the road conditions, some recommendations may be less reliable.
The navigation system cannot be deactivated, but instead operates in the background - it is not deactivated until the remote control key is removed from the ignition switch.
In addition to the system's normal source menu and shortcut menu there is a scroll menu for the navigation system.
In Scroll mode a crosshair is moved over the map image with the centre console's numerical keys.
Activate/deactivate scroll mode
Centring the map
Pressing the number 5 in Scroll mode centres the map around the car's position.
If an Itinerary with Waypoints is activated, the map is centred around each respective Waypoint with each additional press.
- Set single destination - Deletes any previous destinations in the itinerary, and starts guidance on the map.
- Add as waypoint - Adds the selected point to the itinerary.
- POI information - shows name and address on the screen for the POI located closest to the crosshair. For more information on POI options, see specify destination.
- Traffic information on map - Allows you to view traffic messages 2 around the selected location.
- Information - Shows information available about the selected location.
- Save - allows you to store the highlighted location in the memory, to then be able to specify as destination.
See also examples of voice recognition control of the navigation system.