Detachable key blade
A remote control key contains a detachable key blade of metal with which some functions can be activated and some operations carried out.
The key blade's unique code is provided by authorised Volvo workshops, which are recommended when ordering new key blades.
Key blade functions
Using the remote control key's detachable key blade:
- the left-hand front door is unlocked manually if central locking cannot be activated with the remote control key, see Detachable key blade - unlocking doors.
- the rear doors' mechanical child safety locks can be activated/deactivated.
- the right-hand front door and the rear doors can be locked manually, e.g. in the event of power failure.
- access to the glovebox and cargo area (privacy locking*) can be blocked.
- the airbag for front passenger seat (PACOS*) can be activated/deactivated.