Remote start (ERS) - operation
Remote starting the engine
To be able to remotely start the engine the car must be locked and the bonnet closed.
Proceed as follows:
- Briefly press on the key's button (2).
- Follow this immediately afterwards with a long press - at least 2 seconds - on button (3).
If the conditions for ERS are fulfilled then the following takes place:
- The direction indicators flash quickly several times.
- The engine starts.
- The direction indicators illuminate with a constant glow for 3 seconds to verify that the engine has started.
After remote starting, the car continues to be locked but with deactivated movement detector*.
With PCC 1 key
The light indication for Approach lighting1 flashes several times when the button is pressed and then goes to constant glow if all criteria for ERS have been fulfilled. However, this does not mean that ERS has started the engine.
To check whether ERS has started the engine, the user can press the button (5) - if the engine has started, there is a light indication by the buttons (2) and (3).
The following functions are activated with a remote started engine:
- Ventilation system
- Audio/video system
- Approach lighting.
The following functions are deactivated with a remote started engine:
- Position lamps
- Number plate lighting
- Windscreen wiper.
ERS is interrupted
The following steps switch off an ERS-started engine:
- The remote control key's button (1), (2) or (4) is depressed
- The car is unlocked
- A door is opened
- Accelerator pedal or brake pedal is depressed
- The gear selector is moved out of P position
- Active ERS time exceeds 15 minutes.
When an ERS-started engine is switched off, the direction indicators illuminate with a constant glow for 3 seconds.