Panorama roof* - operation
The blind/roof is opened to maximum during automatic operation.
In ventilation position the front section of the roof is raised at the rear.
Children, other passengers or objects may be trapped by the panorama roof's moving parts.
- Always operate the panorama roof with caution.
- Do not allow children to play with the controls.
- Remember to always switch off the power supply to the panorama roof by selecting key position 0 and then take the remote control key/PCC* with you when leaving the car. For information on key positions - see Key positions - functions at different levels.
The panoramic roof and sun blind can be operated in key position I or II.
Close the roof/curtain by repeating the preceding procedure in reverse order - press the control forward to the automatic closing position instead.
The panorama roof and sun blind can be opened/closed simultaneously:
- To open - press the control rearward to the automatic operation position twice and release.
- To close - press the control forward to the automatic operation position twice and release.
Close the roof/curtain by repeating the preceding procedure in reverse order - press the control forward to the manual closing position instead.
When the ventilation position is selected the front section is raised at its rear edge. If the sun blind is fully closed when ventilation position is selected, then it opens automatically approx. 50 mm.
Closing using the remote control key or central locking button
Remote control key
To interrupt closing, press the remote control key's lock button again.
Central locking button
To interrupt closing, press the central locking button again.
The panorama roof has pinch protection that is triggered if the glass cover or the sun blind is blocked by an object during closing. In the event of blocking, the glass cover or sun blind stops and is then opened automatically to approx. 50 mm from the blocked position (or to full ventilation position). The pinch protection is also active when the glass cover or sun blind is opened.
There is the option to force the pinch protection when closing has been interrupted e.g. in the event of ice forming around the glass cover, by continually holding the control pressed forward or depressed until the glass cover is closed.