Common operations during map navigation
- Where am I?
- Find the car symbol on the map
- Driving direction or north up on the map
- 2D or 3D display
- Switching heading display
- Return from a menu
- "Wrong" language in the views
Where am I?
- Press the map's car symbol (blue triangle) - the information is shown directly on the map.
Find the car symbol on the map
- Press the crosshairs symbol - the map is then reset and thereafter follows the car symbol.
Driving direction or north up on the map
- The map is shown with north always upwards on the centre display - the car symbol moves or “drives” in its true compass direction on the map. If the car symbol moves to the left on the map then the car is driving westwards.
- The car symbol points/drives upwards on the centre display - the map rotates under the car symbol according to how the car turns. The compass symbol indicates which direction north is (N) on the map, and the centre of the compass shows the direction in which the front of the car is pointing (in this case NE = Northeast).
2D or 3D display
In 3D display, the car’s heading is always upwards on the centre display - the map rotates around the car symbol according to how the car turns.
The compass symbol indicates which direction north is (N) on the map, and the centre of the compass shows the direction in which the front of the car is pointing.
The map scale is not shown in the 3D mode.
2D display is described under the previous heading "Driving direction or north up on the map"
Make the map bigger like this:
Double-tap the centre display with one finger.
Touch the centre display with two fingers close together, then spread them apart.
Make the map smaller like this:
Tap once on the centre display with two fingers spread apart.
Touch the centre display with two fingers spread apart, then draw them together.
Place one finger on the map, swipe in the desired direction, and release.
The scroll function is only possible with the map in the maximum mode, not when it is minimised.
Switching heading display
- Definition of the current position (Position) and distance to the destination (Dist).
Change of heading is only possible with the map in the maximum mode, not when it is minimised.
Finding the way back to the map view
- Press the centre display's "Home" button (1).
- If the centre display shows the home view instead of the map view - tap on the uppermost menu row Navigation (2).
"Wrong" language in the views
The illustrations in the instructions are the same for most markets and languages which is why the text in them is mainly in English.
In order to facilitate the user's understanding of the images and their menu options with search paths linked to the text in the instructions, the English word for the image is given in brackets immediately after the related text/phrase in the actual language of the owner's manual:
(Settings > Navigation > Traffic)
Heading: Traffic Events (Traffic events)
- None (None)
- Major (Major)
- All (All)