Fuel - petrol
Only use petrol from well-known producers. Never use fuel of dubious quality. Petrol must fulfil the EN 228 standard if this is available.
- 95 RON can be used for normal driving.
- 98 RON is recommended for optimum performance and minimum fuel consumption.
When driving in temperatures above +38 °C, fuel with the highest possible octane rating is recommended for optimum performance and fuel economy.
- Use only unleaded petrol to avoid damaging the catalytic converter.
- Fuel containing metallic additives must not be used.
- Do not use any additives which have not been recommended by Volvo.
- Fuel that contains up to 10 percent by volume ethanol is permitted.
- EN 228 E10 petrol (max 10 percent by volume ethanol) is approved for use.
- Ethanol higher than E10 (max 10 percent by volume ethanol) is not permitted. T.ex. E85 is not permitted.