- vehicles in the car's blind spot
- quickly approaching vehicles in the left and right lanes closest to the car.
- your car is overtaken by other vehicles
- another vehicle is quickly approaching your car.
When BLIS detects a vehicle in Zone 1 or a quickly approaching vehicle in Zone 2, the indicator lamp on the door mirror on the affected side illuminates with a constant glow. If the driver activates the direction indicator on the same side as the warning, the indicator lamp will change over from a constant glow to flashing with a more intense light.
BLIS is active when the driver's vehicle is travelling at a speed above 10 km/h (6 mph).
If passing vehicles drive more than 15 km/h (9 mph) faster than the driver's vehicle, BLIS will not react.
- The function is supplementary driver support intended to facilitate driving and make it safer – it cannot handle all situations in all traffic, weather and road conditions.
- The driver is advised to read all sections in the Owner's Manual that relate to this function to learn about factors such as its limitations and what the driver should be aware of before using the system.
- Driver support functions are not a substitute for the driver's attention and judgement. The driver is always responsible for ensuring the car is driven in a safe manner, at the appropriate speed, with an appropriate distance to other vehicles, and in accordance with current traffic rules and regulations.