BLIS* (Blind Spot Information System) - operation
BLIS is activated when the engine is started. This is confirmed by the indicator lamps in the door panels flashing once.
The BLIS function can be deactivated/activated by pressing the BLIS button on the centre console.
Some combinations of the selected equipment leave no vacant space for a button in the centre console - in which case the function is handled by the car's menu systemMY CAR.
When BLIS is deactivated/activated the lamp in the button extinguishes/illuminates and the combined instrument panel confirms the change with a text message. The door panel indicator lamps flash once upon activation.
To extinguish the message:
- Press the left-hand stalk switch OK button.
- Wait approx. 5 seconds - the message extinguishes.
When BLIS operates
The BLIS function is active at speeds above approx. 10 km/h.
The system is designed to react when:
- the driver's vehicle is overtaken by other vehicles
- the driver's vehicle is rapidly caught up by another vehicle.
When BLIS detects a vehicle in zone 1 or a quickly approaching vehicle in zone 2, the door panel BLIS lamp illuminates with a constant glow. If the driver activates the direction indicator on the same side as the warning in this situation then the BLIS lamp will change from a constant glow to flashing with a more intense light.
BLIS does not work in sharp bends.
BLIS does not work when the car is being reversed.
- Dirt, ice and snow covering sensors can reduce functionality and make it impossible to provide warnings. BLIS cannot detect hazards if it is covered.
- Do not affix any objects, tape or labels in the area of the sensors.
- BLIS is deactivated when a trailer is connected to the car's electrical system.