Power operated tailgate
- If the system has been operating continuously for a long time, it is switched off to avoid overload. It can be used again after about 2 minutes.
- If the battery has been discharged or disconnected then the tailgate must be opened and closed again to reset the system.
Programmable max. opening
Tailgate maximum opening position can be programmed. Can be used for e.g. low roof height in a garage. Proceed as follows:
- Open the tailgate manually, hold it in the desired position and give the button on the tailgate one long press (at least 3 seconds) and then release the tailgate - the programming is complete.
- To clear the programming - move the tailgate manually to a higher position.
Snow and wind
If the tailgate is forced down by something just when it is being opened, e.g. snow, ice or strong wind, and this causes the tailgate to lower, then it is closed automatically.
If something with sufficient resistance prevents the tailgate from opening/closing then the pinch protection is activated.
- During opening - power tailgate operation is deactivated and the tailgate is disengaged.
- When closing - the tailgate stops and backs off from the obstacle a couple of centimetres.
Observe the risk of trapping when opening/closing. Before starting opening/closing, check that there is nobody near to the tailgate as trapping may have serious consequences.
Always operate the tailgate with caution.
Opening the tailgate
The tailgate can be opened three ways (two of which involve this button):
- Long press on the button in the lighting panel - hold the button depressed until the tailgate starts to open.
- Long press on the button on the remote control key - hold the button depressed until the tailgate starts to open.
- Push down gently on the rubberised pressure plate under the outer handle.
Closing the tailgate
Close using this button on the tailgate or manually.
- Press the button – the tailgate closes automatically.
Stop the opening/closing of the tailgate
This can be done four ways (of which three involve this button):
- Press the lighting panel button
- Press the remote control key button
- Press the tailgate's button
- Press the rubberised pressure plate beneath the outside handle.
- The tailgate's movement is interrupted and it stops.
Manual tailgate operation
The system is disengaged if the opening/closing sequence is interrupted in accordance with the preceding section.
- The tailgate can then be operated manually.