Emergency puncture repair* - rechecking
Check tyre pressure
Unscrew the tyre's dust cap.
Take out the air hose and screw in the valve connection to the bottom of the thread on the tyre's air valve.
Read the tyre pressure on the pressure gauge.
- If the tyre pressure is below 1.3 bar1 then the tyre is insufficiently sealed. The journey should not be continued. Contact a tyre centre.
- If the tyre pressure is higher than 1.3 bar1, the tyre must be inflated to the pressure specified in accordance with the tyre pressure table, see Tyres - approved tyre pressures.
- Release air using the pressure reducing valve if the tyre pressure is too high.
If the tyre needs to be inflated:
- Plug the electrical cable into the closest 12 V socket and start the car.
- Start the compressor and inflate the tyre to the pressure specified in accordance with the tyre pressure table.
- Switch off the compressor.
Remove the tyre sealing equipment, fit the protective cap on the air hose and fold the hose in the box.
Place TMK in the cargo area.
- After a tyre has been inflated, always refit the dust cap in order to avoid damage to the valve from gravel, dirt, etc.
- Only use plastic dust caps. Metal dust caps can rust and become difficult to unscrew.
Volvo recommends that the car is driven to the nearest authorised Volvo workshop for the replacement/repair of the damaged tyre. Advise the workshop that the tyre contains sealing fluid.