Remote control key - replacing the battery
The battery for the remote control key should be replaced if:
- the information symbol in the combined instrument panel illuminates and the display shows Car key battery low See manual
- the locks repeatedly do not react to signals from the remote control key within 20 metres from the car.
Slide the spring-loaded catch to the side.
Insert a 3 mm slot screwdriver in the hole behind the spring-loaded catch and gently prize the remote control key up.
Closely study how the battery/batteries are secured on the inside of the cover, with regard to their (+) and (–) sides.
Remote control key (one battery)
- Carefully prize out the battery.
- Install a new one with the (+) side down.
Remote control key with PCC* (two batteries)
- Carefully prize out the batteries.
- First install one new one with the (+) side up.
- Position the white plastic tab in between and finally install a second new battery with the (+) side down.
Use batteries with the designation CR2430, 3V - one in the remote control key, two in the remote control key with PCC.