Internet map1 - character wheel and keyboard
This system uses a "character wheel" to enter specific information, e.g. type of POI, city/town, area/country, address, street or postcode.
Activate an option
After highlighting a desired function/menu bar using the thumbwheel or the TUNE knob, press the thumbwheel/OK to see the next level of functions/options.
Entering text with the character wheel
- Highlight a text field.
- Press OK to call up the character wheel.
- Select the characters using the thumbwheelTUNE knob and enter them by pressing thumbwheelOK once.
Enter with the numerical keyboard
Another way of entering characters is to use the centre console's buttons 0-9, * and #.
When e.g. 9 is pressed, a bar appears with all characters2 under the buttons, e.g. W, x, y, z and 9. Quick presses on the button move cursor through these characters.
- Stop with the cursor on the desired character in order to select it - the character is shown on the enter line.
- Delete/change using EXIT.
To enter a number, hold in the corresponding number key.
Additional options that, amongst other things, provide more characters as well as numbers are available in the character wheel's inset menu:
- 123/ABC + OK - the character wheel switches between numbers and characters.
- MORE + OK - alternative characters are shown in the wheel.
- => + OK - moves the cursor to the list on the right-hand side of the screen where selections can be made with OK.
List with options
When searching for countries, available options are listed based on the letters entered. No list is shown for other search fields but instead the search is performed when search is activated.