Using voice recognition1
Depress the steering wheel button for voice recognition to activate the system and initiate a dialogue using voice commands.
- For a command - speak after the tone in a normal voice at normal speed.
- Do not speak while the system is replying (the system cannot understand commands during this time).
- Avoid background noise in the passenger compartment by having the doors, windows and sunroof closed.
- by saying "Cancel".
- with a long press on the voice recognition button on the steering wheel .
To speed up communication and skip the prompts from the system, press the steering wheel button for voice recognition when the system voice is speaking and say the next command.
Example of voice recognition control
Press , say “Call [Forename] [Surname] [number category]" - calls the selected contact from the phone book if the contact has more than one phone number (e.g. home, mobile, work), e.g.:
Press , say "Call Robin Smith Mobile".
- "Repeat" - repeats the last voice instruction in the ongoing dialogue.
- "Cancel" - discontinue the dialogue.
- "Help" - starts a help dialogue. The system replies with the commands available in the current situation, a prompt or an example.
Commands for specific functions are described in the corresponding sections, e.g. Voice recognition control of the phone.
- Phone numbers and postcodes must be spoken individually, number by number, e.g. zero three one two two four four three (03122443).
- House numbers can be spoken individually or in groups, e.g. two two or twenty-two (22). For English and Dutch, several groups can be said in sequence, e.g. twenty-two twenty-two (22 22). For English, double or triple can be used, e.g. double zero (00). Numbers can be given within the range 0-2300.
- Frequencies can be spoken as ninety eight point eight (98.8), a hundred and four point two or hundred four point two (104.2).