A red LED on the instrument panel indicates the alarm system's status:
- LED not lit – alarm not armed.
- The LED flashes once every other second – alarm is armed.
- After the alarm has been disarmed, the LED flashes rapidly for a maximum of 30 seconds or until ignition position I has been activated - the alarm has been triggered.
- A siren sounds for 30 seconds or until the alarm is switched off.
- Hazard warning flashers flash for 5 minutes or until the alarm is switched off.
If the cause of alarm activation is not rectified, the alarm cycle is repeated up to 10 times1.
Movement and tilt sensors*
Movement and tilt detectors react to movements inside the car2 e.g. if the window is broken or if anyone tries to tow the car away.
- Close all windows when leaving the car.
- Close the panoramic roof.
- If the climate control is used – aim the airflow so that it does not point upwards in the passenger compartment.
It is also possible to reduce the alarm level in the centre display.
Symbols and messages
|Alarm system failure Service required||Contact a workshop – an authorised Volvo workshop is recommended.|