Limitations for City Safety in cross traffic
In some cases City Safety may have difficulty helping the driver deal with collision risks due to oncoming cross traffic.
- Stability control ESC intervenes in the event of slippery driving conditions.
- If the oncoming vehicle is detected too late.
- If the oncoming vehicle is obscured by something.
- If the oncoming vehicle has headlamps switched off.
- If the oncoming vehicle drives in an unpredictable manner, for example, abruptly changes lanes at a late stage.
This function uses the car's camera and radar units, which have certain general limitations.