Activating and deactivating child safety locks
The child lock can be either manual or electrical*.
Manual child lock
|The door is blocked against opening from the inside.|
|The door can be opened from both the outside and the inside.|
- A door's knob control only blocks that particular door - not both rear doors simultaneously.
- Cars with an electric child safety lock do not have a manual child lock.
Electric child lock*
The electric child lock can be activated and deactivated in all ignition positions above 0. Activation and deactivation can be performed up to 2 minutes after switching off the car, provided that no door is opened.
- Lamp lit – the lock is activated.
- Lamp not lit - the lock is deactivated.
When the child lock is activated, the following is possible, the rear:
- windows are only opened with the buttons in the driver's door.
- doors cannot be opened from inside.
If the child lock is activated when the car is switched off, it will remain activated the next time the car is started.
Symbols and messages
|Rear child lock Activated||The child lock is activated.|
|Rear child lock Deactivated||The child lock is deactivated.|