Limitations for steering assistance at risk of collision
In certain situations the function may have limited functionality and fail to intervene in the following cases, for example:
- for small vehicles, such as motorcycles
- if the majority of the car has steered into the adjacent lane
- on roads/in lanes with unclear or non-existent lane markings
- outside the speed range 60-140 km/h (37-87 mph)
- as the steering servo for speed-dependent steering wheel resistance is working at reduced power – e.g. when cooling due to overheating.
Other demanding situations can include:
- road works
- winter road conditions
- narrow roads
- poor road surface
- a very “sporty” driving style
- poor weather with reduced visibility.
In these demanding situations, the function may have difficulty helping the driver correctly. In such cases it is recommended to switch off this function.
This function uses the car's camera and radar units, which have certain general limitations.