Use Overtaking Assistance
- there must be a vehicle in front (the “target vehicle”)
- your car's current speed is at least 70 km/h (43 mph)
- the stored speed must be high enough for overtaking to take place safely.
Activate the direction indicator.
Use the left-hand direction indicator in a left-hand drive car right in a right-hand drive car.
When using the Overtaking Assistance System, the driver should be aware that there may be undesired acceleration if the conditions suddenly change.
- the car is approaching an exit to turn-off in the same direction as overtaking would normally occur.
- the vehicle ahead slows down before the driver's car has crossed over into the overtaking lane.
- the traffic in the overtaking lane slows down.
- a right-hand drive car is driven in a county with left-hand traffic (or vice versa).
Situations of this kind can be avoided by temporarily setting adaptive cruise control or Pilot Assist in standby mode.