Operating the panoramic roof*
The panoramic roof and sun blind are operated with a control in the roof panel and both are equipped with pinch protection.
Children, other passengers or objects may be trapped by the moving parts.
- Always operate the windows with caution.
- Do not allow children to play with the controls.
- Never leave children alone in the car.
- Remember to always switch off the power supply to the power windows by setting the car's electrical system in ignition position 0, and then take the key with you when leaving the car.
- Never put an object or part of the body through the windows, even if the car's electrical system is fully disconnected.
- Do not open the panoramic roof when load carriers are fitted.
- Do not place any heavy objects on the panoramic roof.
- Remove ice and snow before opening the panoramic roof. Take care not to scratch surfaces or damage strips.
- Do not operate the panoramic roof if it has frozen closed.
In order that the panoramic roof and the sun blind can be operated, the car's electrical system must be in ignition position I or II.
It can also be operated using a remote control key or keyless opening* with the door handle.
Check that children or other passengers are not at risk of crushing when all the windows are closed with a remote control key or keyless opening* with a door handle.
The movement of the roof is stopped if the control is released during manual operation, or when the glass reaches the comfort position1 or the maximum opening or closing position. The movement of both panoramic roof and sun blind are also stopped if the roof control is operated again in the opposite direction to the current direction of movement.
The panoramic roof and the sun blind are also equipped with pinch protection. If any fault arises with the pinch protection, a reset sequence can be tested.
Open and close ventilation position
When the ventilation position is selected the front glass cover is raised at its rear edge. If the sun blind is fully closed when ventilation position is selected, then it opens automatically approx. 50 mm (approx. 2 inches).
The sun blind follows automatically if the panoramic roof is closed from ventilation position.
Fully open and close the panoramic roof using the roof control
Open the panoramic roof to comfort position - press the control backwards a second time to the position for manual opening.
Close by repeating the preceding procedure in reverse order - press the control forward/downward to the manual closing position instead.
Open the panoramic roof to comfort position - press the control backwards a second time to the position for automatic opening and release.
Close by repeating the preceding procedure in reverse order - press the control forward/downward to the automatic closing position instead.
Automatic operation - rapid opening or closing
The panoramic roof and sun blind can be opened or closed simultaneously: