Locking and unlocking
- using the buttons on the remote control key
- using the detachable key blade (if the battery in the remote control key is exhausted)
- without a key* (Passive Entry), the remote control key must be within range
- from the inside of the car using the locking controls in the doors
- remote unlocking with Volvo On Call*.
There are two types of remote control keys to the car.
For cars equipped with keyless locking and unlocking*, a slightly smaller, lighter and button-less key (Key Tag) is supplied.
A Care Key* (restricted remote control key) makes it possible to set restrictions for some of the car's properties e.g. the car's maximum speed and the loudspeaker system's maximum volume.