The alarm provides audible and visual warnings if anyone enters the car without a valid key, attempts to steal a tyre or tow the car away, or tampers with the car battery or alarm siren.
A red indicator light shows the status of the alarm system:
- Extinguished – alarm not armed.
- Flashes once every other second – alarm is armed.
- After the alarm has been disarmed, flashes rapidly for a maximum of 30 seconds or until ignition position I has been activated - the alarm has been triggered.
- A siren sounds for 30 seconds or until the alarm is switched off.
- Hazard warning flashers flash for 5 minutes or until the alarm is switched off.
If the cause of alarm activation is not rectified, the alarm cycle is repeated up to 10 times1.
Movement and tilt detectors*
The alarm's movement detector reacts to movement inside the car2, while the tilt detector reacts if the inclination of the car changes. Reduced alarm level can be activated in order not to activate the alarm due to movement if the car is being transported, such as on a ferry.
- Close all windows when leaving the car.
- Close the panoramic roof.
- If the climate control is used – aim the airflow so that it does not point upwards in the passenger compartment.
It is also possible to reduce the alarm level in the centre display.
Symbols and messages
|Alarm system failure Service required||Contact a workshop – an authorised Volvo workshop is recommended.|