Limitations of Road Sign Information*
The Road Sign Information function may have limitations in certain situations.
The function is available in certain markets.
Examples of what can reduce the function are as follows:
- Faded signs
- Signs positioned on bends
- Rotated or damaged signs
- Signs positioned high above the roadway
- Fully/partially obscured or poorly positioned signs
- Signs completely or partly covered with frost, snow and/or dirt
- Digital road maps with outdated, incorrect or missing speed information1
- no Internet connection.
- approval for Google Maps2.
In certain markets, the road sign information function is only available in combination with map data.
This function uses the car's camera and radar units, which have certain general limitations.